Positive tips for your business during these challenging times
Entrepreneurs are often guilty of spending too much time working in the business and not enough time on the business.
Use this time to work on your business, not in your business.
Take that training course you have been meaning too - there are so many available for free.
- Skillshare: Skillshare is a large marketplace focused on creative education. Topics include anything from graphic design and music production to fine art and cooking. They also have classes on more technical topics like data science, analytics, and e-commerce. Skillshare has over 24,000 lessons, more than 4 million students, and over $5 million paid to teachers.
- Linkedin Learning: LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda) is another online course marketplace tailored to business professionals. With over 1,000 business courses on topics like project management, web development, and digital marketing, they’re an excellent platform for working professionals looking to keep their skills up-to-date.
- Udemy: Udemy is one of the best online course platform marketplaces with over 24 million students, 35,000 instructors, and an unbelievable 80,000+ courses.
Update your website
1. Ensure that everything is still working and up to date
-Plugins or themes that need to be updated
-Missing and/or poor-quality images
-Incorrect and/or outdated user information
-Fix broken links.
2. Solicit feedback from your target audience
-Start an email campaign
-Dedicated survey or poll
3. Create new (or update existing) content
-Start a blog
-Create videos or infographics
-Schedule to post content regularly
4. Update Keywords and Improve Analytics
-Google Keyword Planner
-Find out which pages generate the most engagement, which pages on your site are the most popular and which pages do you want to improve
Update your Gravenhurst Chamber Directory
Take this time to update your Chamber directory with all relevant business information.
-Having an up-to-date directory provides you with the greatest chance of online outreach to locals and visitors to Gravenhurst.
-If you have any issues updating your profile, please contact Chris firstname.lastname@example.org
Launch that E-Commerce site
Due to the current situation, it is more important than ever to establish an online presence. Here are a couple platforms to consider:
- Shopify: Shopify is an easy-to-launch option for small business owners, it features 24/7 customer support, minimal setup and variety of price plans for your needs.
- BigCommerce: this is one of the most popular ecommerce platforms on the market today, and with good reason. They’ve processed more than $9 billion in online transactions, and power tens of thousands of stores. There are a number of integrations and new features that make it an ideal choice for many ecommerce business models.
- 3dcart: Everything you need for creating an optimized eCommerce website with a customizable online store and shopping cart, complete with a blog for content marketing.
Update your CRM and email list
We know it's never fun going through your never ending emails and CRM database, but now is a great time to clean up old emails, label spam, remove unsubscribed emails, correct typos, update addresses and other relevant contact info.
Set up your digital marketing systems
-Update email autoresponders
-Maintain your social media accounts
-Setup online recurring payments
-Upgrade computer systems
Maybe even a new coat of paint or a small construction project you've been meaning to start.
Even deal with other things that would have normally been disruptive with everything else going on in normal life.
Please feel free to reach out anytime to let us know how we can help your business during this time. We want to ensure your health and success for now and the future.