It is wonderful to see the hub of activity that is taking place around town.
First we would like to send a nice big shout out of congratulations to the Team at the Gravenhurst Opera House. We attended the Summer Season Gala on May 27th and share the enthusiasm for the upcoming season. Keep an eye out in the mail for the Opera House’s direct mail brochure which includes a 2-for-1 coupon to attend a summer season performance that is available only for local residents.
The weather has been a wonderful indication of the summer momentum. Yesterday we joined the Heritage Committee as they honoured A.P. Cockburn with a naming tribute at the Wharf Gazebo. The celebration also aligned with the 150th anniversary of the first steamship launched into Lake Muskoka. The Steamships are ready to set sail this weekend marking yet another annual milestone.
Included below is information on a complimentary Steamship Cruise taking place this Saturday. Have you taken a steamship cruise recently, how about your staff? The 1-hour complimentary cruise is a great way to familiarize yourself, or remember why the Steamships attract thousands of visitors to Gravenhurst each year.
Keep an eye out for our first weekly Calendar of Events to be distributed next week, keeping you up-to-date with activities, concerts and all the things to see & do in Gravenhurst.
Have a great week –
In this edition you will find:
- Meet our Summer Students
- Call for Car Show Volunteers
- Blue Willow Tea Shop Hosts Indonesian Feast
- Register for the South Muskoka Chambers Golf Tournament
- Muskoka Futures Schedule of Education Events
- AMA Trip Advisor Opportunity
- Steamships offer 1-hour complimentary cruise
- Employment North offers funding for student hiring
- Morrison Meadows Accessible Playground Grand Opening
- Spring Into Summer Art Crawl Schedule
- Frosty Pint Musicfest
- Totem Juice Now Available in Gravenhurst at Sawdust City
- and your complete events listing for experiencegravenhurst.com & gravenhurstchamber.com