Muskoka Tourism is partnering with the Huntsville / Lake of Bays Chamber of Commerce to create a brand new attraction and festival. The Muskoka Maple Festival and Trail will encourage tourism to Muskoka during the shoulder season, and raise receipts for local businesses. The partnership consists of two components:
Muskoka Maple Trail – (Mid March to April 23) – Use the maple harvest to encourage visitation to Muskoka. This is a pan-Muskoka initiative.
Muskoka Maple Festival – (April 23) – Weekend event in Huntsville encouraging visitation and shop local initiatives.
Muskoka Maple Trail – Opportunity for MTMA Members
Muskoka Tourism will be developing a ‘Muskoka Maple Trail’ that will run from mid March to April 23. The purpose of the trail is to utilize Maple, a great asset in Muskoka, to attract visitation to your place of business. The trail will feature maple experiences that tourists can select, building a ‘maple itinerary’ for a weekend getaway. Here is an example of itinerary that might be built:
- Stay at a local accommodation under their ‘Maple Package’ – package includes overnight accommodation and a maple gift basket (a bottle of maple syrup, maple beer from local brewery, and a package of maple coffee from Muskoka Roastery). If you have a restaurant on site, perhaps your package includes a pancake breakfast for two. These are just suggestions, but you have the ability to get creative! The opportunities are endless!
- Stop in at the Muskoka Roastery to sample their Muskoka Maple coffee, with a splash of Muskoka maple syrup in it!
- Visit a local sugar shack to meet the producer and get a tour
- Eat dinner at a local restaurant that has a maple inspired dinner menu – Maple glazed salmon with maple cheesecake sound delicious!
- Purchase maple butter tarts from a local bakery before heading back to the city
If you are interested in being featured on the trail, please let Muskoka Tourism know ASAP. The cost to participate is $150. This is an excellent marketing opportunity for you to increase business during the shoulder season. They expect the trail to have 10,000 views over the course of the campaign.
Muskoka Maple Festival – Opportunity for MTMA Members
The Muskoka Maple Festival will be held in Huntsville on April 23. The grand finale of the harvest, the festival will feature a pancake breakfast, maple product vendors, craft vendors, antique vendors, food vendors, live fiddling music, as well as other heritage themed programming.
There are so many ways for you to get involved in the Maple Festival. If you have an idea that is not featured in our Get Involved Guide, let us know. We can work with you to create your vision.
Some of the opportunities to get involved in the Festival are:
- Maple Vendor and Craft Fair
- Antique Market
- Create a Maple-Themed Meal
- Create a Maple-themed Event
- Pancake Breakfast
If you are interested in getting involved in any way, please let us know ASAP. This will be a great community event, and we need the community to make it a success!
Click here to see the Get Involved Guide